Things to do in NYC
New York can keep you busy for a very long time. The food, shopping, museums, nightlife, entertainment, and sightseeing are all excellent.
If you've never been to the city before, here are a few basic ideas that might get you started:
- Walk around Central Park or the Highline
- Bike up and down the Hudson River through the west side greenspace
- Window shop (or actual-shop) along 5th avenue or in SoHo
- Take a roundtrip ride on the Staten Island Ferry to get a close (and free) look at the Statue of Liberty
- Go to an art museum like the Met, the MoMA, or the Guggenheim
- Forget art and go to a museum like the Transit Museum, the 9/11 Museum, or the American Museum of Natural History
- See some standup at the Comedy Cellar, or improv at Upright Citizens Brigade
- Go to a random concert at Brooklyn Bowl, Rough Trade, Music Hall of Williamsburg, Webster Hall, or the Bowery Ballroom
- See a Broadway show and be engulfed by Times Square at night
- Ride the East River Ferry to one of the big weekly food truck fairs like Smorgasburg or the LIC Flea
We've put some of our own favorite places and things to do on a map:
Click here to open the map in a new browser window.
If you're hungry for food (or for things to keep you busy), these links should give you plenty to explore.